After being approached many times over recent year by clients wanting me to shoot their wedding at The Tythe Barn in Launton, Bicester, Oxfordshire and already being booked, I finally shot a wedding there back in April.
The benefit of this beautiful venue is you have a choice whether to have a church service or a civil ceremony in the barn as the church is literally less than a stones throw from the reception venue. I have only come across this before at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisions in Oxfordshire, Hampden House in Great Hampden and Ardington House in Ardington. It means your guests don’t have to navigate their way from the church which is often quite a journey from the reception venue.
Marissa wore a stunning ivory silk dress by Pronovis with shoes by the all essential Jimmy Choo and James and the rest of the groomsmen wore a lovely spring combination of light grey suits with yellow pastel ties. A very talented friend of the bride made the spectacular tall wedding cake of yellow roses with hand crafted edible blue butterflies!
Despite the terrible weather forecast the week leading up to the wedding the couple were blessed with bright sunshine to top of off this lovely spring wedding.
The grounds of The Tythe Barn lend themselves beautifully to wedding photography with Pergolas, paddock, private gardens, the old chapel and elegant spaces for the photography.
Following the wedding I received the most lovely Thank You card from James & Marissa who said:
‘Thank you for all your hard work on the big day. You really made us feel releaxed and captured some great shots. Thank you as well for the CD of photographs as well as the online link. We are really pleased with the photos and will be in touch shortly with our album choices’
James and Marissa”
Here are some of my favourites from the big day:
The Tythe Barn Offers:
- Exclusive use of the venue
- mature landscaped gardens and paddock
- Comprehensive guidance and advice on the planning of your day
- Indoor/outdoor Civil ceremonies and Partnerships
- Flexible use of 2 barns with under-floor heating and mood lighting indoor and outdoor
- Capacity for up to 155 seated guests dining in the main barn / 40 in the Cow Shed and a maximum of 220 guests for an evening reception.
- Pergolas, paddock, private gardens, the old chapel and elegant spaces for photography
- On site Bridal Suite (at an additional cost)* Space for marquees for larger functions
- Fully licensed bar
- Room with ensuite shower facilities for use as private lounge, changing room or creche
- Interior/exterior PA and sound system* Multi-media projector and screen
- Fully heated facility
- Floodlit carpark for 150 cars / coach access
- Helicopter landing site
For more examples of my wedding photography and more details on my services please visit my main website here